Glad you asked! Maintaining length on loc'd hair is possible, but it takes dedication and commitment. Here are some tips to help you achieve long locs:
1. Moisturize regularly - Incorporate a moisturizing routine using our refresher spray along with our moisture cream into your daily or weekly regimen. This will help keep your locs hydrated, which will reduce breakage and keep your hair looking healthy and shiny.
2. Cleanse carefully - Over-shampooing your locs can strip away their natural oils, leading to dryness and breakage. When shampooing your locs, use a gentle cleanser like the moisture lock shampoo and lukewarm water to avoid damaging them.
3. Avoid tight bands - Try to avoid wearing tight rubberbands on the ends of your locs as well wearing them overall. They can cause dents in your locs which can eventually cause them to break in the areas in which they're constantly placed in. Avoid keeping them on the ends of your locs too long as they will break the ends.
4. Steaming your locs - Getting regular steam sessions will ensure that the moisture is maintained in your locs thus preventing from breaking often. If you don't have a steamer, you can use a conditioning cap along with the Moisture Loc Conditioner or our Moisture Cream for at least 30 mins.
5. Trim periodically - trimming your locs every so often is key to maintaining length. Trimming your locks every 6-8 weeks will help get rid of any split ends and keep your hair healthy.
Using these tips will help to maintain healthy locs that maintain moisture and length for years to come.
What methods have you used to maintain the length of your locs?
Leave a comment and share!